Good evening friends,
Today was a bit of a lazy day but since these were the product I would say it was a good one:
- 3/4 rolled oats (GF)
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Trader Joe’s which are GF)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (or other lightly flavored oil)
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, chocolate chips, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a smaller bowl combine oil and sugar, beat with whisk to combine. Then add the egg and vanilla, stir until well mixed.
4. Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until fully incorporated.
5. Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 14-17 minutes depending on size of cookies.
6. When cookies are a golden brown remove from oven and allow to cool.
I really think you should make these cookies, and soon! I try to avoid all the extra ingredients in my gluten free baking, one GF flour usually is my limit, maybe two. These cookies can easily be made vegan by using a flax egg for the egg and making sure your chocolate chips are vegan. I hope that you try them and like them…I also hope the staff at my internship tries and likes them tomorrow 🙂
Tell me something new or fun you did today!