Good Evening friends!
Hope everyone is out and having a great Friday night! I am staying in tonight to go to bed early for a 6:30 am shift at work followed by the WARRIOR DASH!
My best friend Jenna and I are running this tomorrow and it’s going to be insane! I am super excited but also a bit nervous (typical of me), I just hope I don’t fall while jumping across the fire!! I am really hoping to take some pictures but not sure how just yet. I don’t want to risk my camera in this muddy and messy extreme event!
Anyways, since I was home tonight, and carbo loading (warriors need their energy) I decided to take a try at gluten-free baking. Since going GF a few months ago, I have only baked from boxed mixes, which just really isn’t my thing. I haaate giving my baking credit to other people, no offense Betty. So I took a little help and inspiration from Mama Pea and got my hands
Gluten-Free Fudge-y Pudge-free Brownies
Inspired by Mama Pea’s Double Chocolate-Single Chin Brownies
1/4 cup “Sweet” White Sorghum Flour
1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup natural cane sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 vegan chocolate chips (to keep it lactose free)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1) Measure out the dry ingredients and add them to a big mixing bowl (flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt)
2) Using a glass measuring cup, measure 1 cup of applesauce.
3) Add the sugar, vanilla, and egg; mix to combine.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until lumps are gone and a smooth mixture forms.
5) Fold in the chocolate chips.
6) Add the mixture to an 8×8 that’s coated in cooking spray
7) Bake for 22-26 minutes.
lots of love,