Good evening friends,
I know, it’s been a while. How am I going to keep you guys coming back for more if I keep disappearing? Well, I’ve been doing a whole lotta me-time stuff lately and, I have to tell you, it feels good! I keep thinking about coming back to the blog and writing but I wanted to make sure I had something real to talk about. I snapped a few food photos, tried a few new recipes, went out to a few restaurants (with new friends and old ones), but that’s not what I’m really excited about.
For the past few days and weeks I’ve just been trying to go out and do and be. I have definitely dealt with some fear and anxiety about getting back there, but it’s definitely not the “trust your gut” kind. This is the kind of fear that keeps a person for truly living and experiencing. It gets you stuck and keeps you from doing things that make you feel good.
So when friends call and are meeting up, I resist the urge to have a night in. When I get reminded of an old friend that I haven’t talked with in a while, I give them a call and plan a coffee-date. I go into Boston and hang out with best friends from college. I sign up for big races, like the Harpoon 5-miler NEXT MONTH! I go to group power and get strong, go running and feel free, go to yoga and feel peace. I take a mental-health night off from my night class when the afternoon one gets canceled. Oh, and I bake some amazing cookies, just because I can.
I’ve realized I have some really great friends that incredibly insightful and supportive, they keep me happy and centered and well each day. So I’m just living and loving it. That’s pretty much it. But before I go, let me leave you with a little bit about me and a little love passed on from one of my favorite blog friends
I got a lovely One Lovely Blog award from Megan aka sweet-on!
The rules of the award are simple (and optional for those bloggers I nominate who want to continue):
1. Make a post and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Award 15 great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won
Here are seven things about me you might not have known:
1. I am only 5′ 3/4″ tall! Yup, I’m a shorty 🙂 I lied a bit on my license and said 5’1″, so **shhh** don’t tell anyone!
2. I am the youngest and only female cousin on my mom’s side of the family. They waited through 5 other boys to get to me 🙂 My only female cousin is technically my half cousin but she and I are super close, despite a 14 year age gap; she’s my go to for advice on life, love, health, and happiness 🙂
3. I have only broken two bones in my body, my skull and my right foot. I fractured my skull in a sledding accident when I was 5 and I am definitely beyond blessed to still be here today! The foot incident was because I stepped in a ditch…totally me.
4. I am lactose intolerant, but have only been that way for the last 7 years of my life. Before that my favorite treat was strawberry icecream with chocolate sprinkles 🙂 Oh, and pizza, I LOVED PIZZA! Thank god I have found other ways to enjoy it:
5. I was a three sport athlete in high school, field hockey, indoor track and softball. I made captain of field hockey my senior year and it was my most loved sport! I really did not love track at all but it taught me that I am fast and it’s something I am really proud of.
6. I have traveled outside of the country once and that was to Rome and Florence. It was the most incredible experience of my life. What I love the most about travel is not the museums but the sights, the food, and the culture. One of the most incredible parts of the trip was standing atop St. Peter’s Basilica with my best friend.
My nomination for this award is:
Corey @ The Runner’s Cookie
Steph @The Cookie Battle
and Tina @ FaithFitnessFun
Thanks for the love you ladies! Have a great night everyone and please share with me what makes you, you!